I am beyond excited to finally be sharing this post! Before I begin I would like to thank my girl Jess for the nomination! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out her blog Queen Sapphire. In case you haven’t heard what a liebster award is let me give you the run down. It is a nomination given by bloggers to other bloggers. It is another example of just how amazing the blogging community is that we all just want to connect with each other.
Below I will answer the questions provided to me by Jess:
1. What is one makeup/skincare product you can’t live without?
For the summer I have been really into taking care of the skin more than makeup itself. With that being said, it is very easy to get great skin with choosing a good cleanser. My favorite one I have used so far is the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. It is so refreshing on my skin and it leaves it so well hydrated.
2. If you could move anywhere and money wasn’t an issue, where would you move and why?
This is a hard one because as a L.A native, I am so rooted here that I would probably choose here. But with that being said, I would choose a place that is a lot different from the city. I would move to some kind of tropical island where there is no traffic and no hustle and bustle. Like imagine having a vacation spot just be your place of home, thats the real dream. Plus on a tropical island, you never need to worry about nasty weather (unless you hate warm weather, then I’m sorry I can’t relate. I love heat.)
3. What is the best thing that has happened to you this year so far?
This is a difficult one for me because 2017 so far has been a mix of some incredible things with some not so great moments. However the best thing this year was the restart or “reopening” of this blog in March 2017. If you don’t know the whole story about this blog, I had a blog previously called “Charmed Waves”. In a general sense it was the same topics that I talk about today but for me it was a different “brand”. One of the things I wanted was to step out of my comfort zone and express myself more and I didn’t feel like I could do that with another brand. That’s when my self-titled blog come into fruition. This version has helped me grow as a person so for that it is the best thing that has happened to me.
4. What is the one thing about yourself that you wouldn’t change for the world?
Believe it or not, but one thing I wouldn’t change about myself is my height. I know I get a lot of comments about how I look really young because I am short. But at the end of the day, I think that is what has made me stand out. One of the things I’ve learned is to own who I am and my height is definitely who I am.
5. How do you feel about the blogging community?
Um can i give 5 stars?! The blogging community has seriously been the best part about blogging. I have gotten to meet (well like e-meet) so many incredible bloggers, especially on twitter (looking at you fam, you know who you are). Like any group, I hear about little bouts of drama happening here and there but thankfully all of the people I have interacted with have been drama-free and the most supporting people in the world. I have said it once and I will say it again, there is a little piece in my heart for the entire blogging community.
6. Do you have any beauty tips you think anyone reading this should know?
Make sure you are cleaning your face every single night and that you are properly priming and prepping your face every morning. Thankfully I never had a real acne problem (other than during that time of the month), but I will say that I feel so much more put together and my skin looks so much better now that I have a skincare routine. Like I can’t stress how important a good cleanser is. Definitely skin products is somewhere I suggest investing in.
7. You’re posting a beauty/fashion haul, what are the five brands we will definitely see there.
5. Urban Decay
Also I would like to point out that I am already broke from this metaphorical haul.
8. What lead you to start your own blog and what has been your experience been like so far?
I did touch on this earlier in this post so I will talk about why I even started blogging. I was a pretty shy girl and I was never really good at expressing my feelings vocally. With that I learned that I seemingly had the ability to do so by writing. Once I realized that I wasn’t half bad at writing, I first started thinking about the idea of opening a blog. Since my mother is a really big fan of youtubers/bloggers, she pushed me into blogging because she saw it was something that I was good at and that I enjoyed. And hence why I am here. It’s been a great experience so far and as that former shy girl in school , I never thought I would be dedicating myself to something so open such as blogging/social media.
9. Do you like to cook? What is your favorite food of all time?
Do I like to cook? Yes. Am I good at cooking? Depends on how closely I follow the recipe. Although I will say that my parents have said that I am not half bad at cooking. Coming from them must means that I am not a bad cook. My favorite food is probably pasta just because I can’t eat a whole pot in one sitting. It’s a really bad addiction that I have.
10. Are you a money saver or a money thrower? Do you wait for the sales or something to be reduced or do you just buy things whenever?
This I feel like also depends for me. If I know that I have bills to pay and that things will be tight then I will be a very good money saver. However, if I have nothing to pay for than I start throwing my money away like crazy. I have never been one to seriously splurge so I will say that I like to wait for a good deal.
11. What would your dream home look like? What colors would we see, would there be themes throughout each room?
If I wrote about what exactly my dream home is going to look like, I could probably ramble for 2,000 words or more. Thanks to many,many and MANY hours of watching HGTV, I have a pretty clear vision of what I want my home to look like. I am pretty much drawn to the idea of having my home just completely filled with plants of different colors and sizes. Also I want a spanish/Mediterranean style home with a lot of accents of colors everywhere. I also want a pretty big outdoor space, which basically means I can’t live in Los Angeles.
With all of those questions now answered I go ahead and tag the following bloggers! Make sure to give these wonderful gals a follow and check out their blogs. If you want to go ahead and answer my questions and you are not tagged then go ahead! I also leave it open for anyone to answer.
Georgina – www.georginabradley.com
@theinperfectmom – www.lifeofanimperfectmom.com
So here are your questions to answer!
- What is your favorite genre of music?
- How do you motivate yourself to write new posts?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What was your first blog post? Is there anything you would change about it?
- What is one blogging misconception you want to debunk?
- If you could choose a place for a dream photoshoot, where would it be? What props would you include?
- What’s your idea of a perfect relaxation day?
- What is your top three favorite movies?
- If you got to pull items from your favorite brands for a full outfit, where would you choose from?
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- Would you rather dress up and go out or stay in and be comfy? Why?
Don’t forget to check out the above bloggers! And go ahead and answer any of my questions in the comments below!